Sunday, May 16

Traditional or Modern Wedding?

Many young couples are already shunning away from the traditional type of wedding banquets. They rather spend the money on honeymoon. So, it got me thinking. Which is more important...?

After much contemplations, I decided to go through the traditional wedding! The morning tradition from sitting in my room, waiting for my soon-to-be-husband, the 'suan-tian-ku-la' sabotaging stage, and the essential stage of offering tea to my parents and elders. It makes a wedding - the real chinese wedding. Well besides that, the process of wedding banquet such as inviting my relatives and friends to witness it, makes me feel like being officially husband and wife, making me feel somehow different from who and what we are now.

So what if I choose to spend it on honeymoon rather than the banquet itself? When I grow old and have the luxury of going for as much holidays as I want, how significant will my honeymoon be?

I know I can have as many holidays as I would like to have 10, 20 or 30 years down the road. But I can never be able to press restart and have my wedding day..

But, always strike a balance ya?

Cheers,
Nana
www.joiemo.blogspot.com
joiemo.creative@gmail.com

No comments:

Post a Comment